Click Here to Add a Title
Click this text to start editing. This block is great for showcasing a particular feature or aspect of your business. It could be a signature product, an image of your entire staff, an image or your physical location, etc. Double click the image to customize it.
- Meetings are held weekly Sunday nights in Sherman Oaks, CA from 7:00 - 10:00 PM.
- Each meeting begins with individual goals, business announcements, and marketing strategies.
- Every week three writers present a maximum of 30 pages of a film or TV script in process.
- Members read each other's work in a table read setting, followed by 20 minutes of feedback.
- Critiques begin with positive comments, followed by areas that need attention.
(After notes, the writer is free to ask for clarification.)
- Monthly dues are $30 and payable by the 25th of each month.
- We seek talented, diverse female writers of all ages.
-All genres are welcome including comedy, drama, science-fiction, horror, biographical, historical, etc., but only film and TV scripts are workshopped.
- Members are required to have a firm handle on format, and a working knowledge of the film and television business. Most importantly, we want members to have a passion for telling a good story. All scripts must pass the Bechdel test.
- To apply, perspective members should submit ONE of the following: full-length feature film screenplay, half hour comedy pilot, one hour episodic, or a spec script, along with a bio or resume, and a statement outlining why you want to be in a group.
We hope to see you here!
- Send submissions to: BechdelPartners@gmail.com
Interested? CONTACT US
BB Writing Partners is not only focused on championing women writers, but also has the goal of helping members transition into viable careers in the industry. Each week female writers hear their work and get feedback, but they also share marketing strategies and career opportunities. BB recognizes that the film and television industry is extremely competitive, and no one makes it alone. Our goal is to find ways to help each other succeed both as writers and as industry professionals.
Feel free to contact us for more information